Specialists of the “DerzhdorNDI” SE together with representatives of the Road Services and the National Police carried out an inspection of the most accidental areas on highways of state importance in Ternopil, Rivne and Zaporizhzhia regions.
During inspections of dangerous areas in recent years, our experts have recommended:
- renew road markings and install high-visibility road signs on approaches to pedestrian crossings;
- if necessary, arrange roundabouts;
- arrange outdoor lighting in areas that pass through settlements;
- replace road signs with identical ones with a yellow border to attract the attention of drivers, especially in conditions of limited visibility;
- install transport and pedestrian road fencing.
Due to the compliance with the recommendations provided by the “DerzhdorNDI” SE, it was possible to achieve a significant reduction of accidents level in these areas.
In addition, an effective way to improve road safety is to install cameras for photo and video fixation. The presence of such an independent controller encourages the driver to follow the traffic rules, especially in terms of exceeding the speed limit, which is one of the main causes of accidents on highways.
The staff of DerzhdorNDI SE makes every effort to develop safe conditions on the roads and urges all drivers to strictly adhere to the speed limit, as the cause of every third accident is exceeding the safe speed.