Choborovska Iryna Stepanivna
The first Head of the Department of Environmental Research.
Thanks to her leadership, a national legal framework and regulatory framework in the field of road ecology have been created.
One of the developers of feasibility studies of measures to ensure environmental safety in the design, construction, repair and maintenance of roads.
PATH OF LIFE
She was born in 1936 in the Zaporizhzhia region.
During the war (1941-1945) her family lived in Melitopol, and in 1947 they moved to Warsaw.
In 1953, after the return of the family to Kyiv, Iryna Choborovska entered the University of Kyiv (now the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv) at the Faculty of Biology and Soil Sciences.
In 1963 she entered the correspondence form of postgraduate studies at the Faculty of Geology of Moscow University, majoring in Soil and Engineering Geology.
She defended her dissertation on material sciences in 1972 and received the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences. In 1976 he was awarded the title of a Senior Researcher.
Simultaneously with her postgraduate studies, she started working at our Institute, where she succeeded in her career from the Young Researcher to the Head of the Environmental Research Division.
Under her leadership, an Environmental Research Division was established at the Institute in 1996, an independent Environmental Laboratory was established on the basis of the Division in 1998, and in 2002 the laboratory acquired the status of an independent research department, the first Environmental Research Department
at the Institute.
The newly created department under the leadership of Iryna Choborovska started performing the tasks within the framework of Ukravtodor's Long-term Environmental Protection Program and creating a national legal and regulatory framework in the field of road ecology. The department dealt with the problem related to the safety of the roadside areas during road construction, repair and maintenance.
The new direction of the Institute's activity has shown its scientific perspective. In particular, it is the development of regulatory and technical documentation to ensure the environmental safety of road works, instrumental survey of environmental pollution within the right-of-way area of roads, assessment and forecasting of environmental consequences of new road projects. This was the first successful attempt of the Institute to initiate continuous environmental monitoring of roads and the implementation of environmental protection policy.
The main activities of the Environmental Department under the leadership of Iryna Choborovskaya were:
- the study of the actual level of pollution of roadside territories, which became the scientific basis of industry standards and design solutions to minimize the negative impact of roads on the environment;
- conducting a field survey of the ecological condition of roads in the directions of international transport corridors and their response to the compliance with the environmental requirements.
Recommendations for feasibility study of measures to ensure environmental safety in the design, construction, repair and maintenance of roads were developed.
1974 - Order “Badge of Honor”
2001 - Honorary diploma of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine with the presentation of a commemorative sign of the employees of the Institute "For significant contribution to the development of the road industry of Ukraine on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of “DerzhdorNDI” SE.
She died on December 25, 2002
- SHULGIN MYKOLA PAVLOVYCH
- KOVAL PETRO MYKOLAIOVYCH
- RADOVSKYI BORYS SAMOILOVYCH
- RYBALCHENKO ANATOLII ANDRIIOVYCH
- EHOROV SERHII VIKTOROVYCH
- VYROZHEMSKYI VALERII KOSTIANTYNOVYCH
- VOLODKO VASYL PAVLOVYCH
- NAHAICHUK VASYL MYKHAILOVYCH
- KUCHMA MYKHAILO IVANOVYCH
- Shtilman Yefim Yosypovych
- SASKO MYKOLA FEDOROVYCH
- MISHCHENKO MYKHAILO LEONIDOVYCH
- LYTVYNENKO ANATOLII SEMENOVYCH
- KYRYCHENKO LIUBOV FEDORIVNA
- PAVLENKO VALERII OLEXANDROVYCH
- DUKHOVNYI ISAAC ZELYKOVYCH
- ZABYSHNYI OLEKSANDR STEPANOVYCH
- TARASENKO LEONID PETROVYCH
- MARTYNENKO LEONID SERHIIOVYCH
- MAKARCHUK OLEKSANDR IVANOVYCH
- KOVALOV PETRO MYKOLAIOVYCH