On August 5, 2020, Artem Bezuglyi, Director of “DerzhdorNDI” SE presented the Program of cement-concrete roads construction for 2021-2025.
The main advantages of cement concrete roads are following:
- less dependence on climatic factors;
- increase of traffic safety in the dark time due to higher rate of retro reflectivity in comparison with the black asphalt pavement;
- increased lifetime of roads with cement-concrete pavement (18-21 years);
- much better environmental friendliness;
- high level of localization in the construction of cement concrete roads (more than 90 percent).
The program involves an increase the share of roads with cement-concrete pavement in the total length to 5% in the mid-term perspective (2021-2025) and up to 30% in the long term perspective (till 2040).
Over the next 5 years for a total budget of 110 billion UAH it is proposed to arrange the cement-concrete pavement on about 4900 km of roads of state and local importance.
This will increase the efficiency of use of budget funds in the road facilities due to the increased road maintenance terms for roads with cement-concrete pavement.