DUKHOVNYI ISAAC ZELYKOVYCH
He developed a number of recommendations on the use of local stone materials in road construction.
He improved methods of laboratory and field research of properties, layers of road pavement.
PATH OF LIFE
Born on July 27, 1934 in Kyiv.
From 1951 to 1953 he studied by correspondence at the All-Union Institute of Building Materials Industry.
In 1953 he was transferred to Kyiv Automobile and Road Institute, which he graduated from in 1957 and was qualified as a Railway Engineer.
Since 1963, he began his career in our Institute as a Senior Engineer of the Department of Pavements Made of Local Materials. The main scientific focus of the Department at that time was to study the use of local materials reinforced with cement. Isaac Dukhovnyi improved methods of laboratory and field research of properties, layers of road structures existing at that time.
Isaac Dukhovnyi did a lot of work to study and introduce new types of road pavement made of various local unconditioned stone materials and to develop new types of pavements.
In 1968, he entered the post-graduate course at the Kyiv Automobile and Road Institute and defended his thesis "Investigation of low strength limestone reinforced with low dosage cement in the road pavement of the South of Ukraine" and received the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences.
In 1972, he was promoted to the position of a Senior Scientific Officer of the Department of Road Pavement Made of Local Materials, in 1974, he headed the Division of Construction Technologies of the Department of Road Pavement Made of Local Materials, in 1979, he also headed the Department. With his participation, he developed a set of recommendations on the use of local stone materials in the construction of road pavements. He was in charge of the construction of many experimental sections of pavements made of local materials. In 1978, with his support and assistance, he built and overhauled with the use of low-strength stone materials, reinforced with binders the road section of 1230 km length.
Scientific works under his supervision included laboratory tests and modern scientific methods of that time: X-ray, thermography, petrography and field study of experimental sites life cycles. The main topics of scientific research:
- Technical specifications and wastes of masonry;
- Specifications for low-strength sandstone for road works;
- Recommendations on the use of enriched sands for road works;
- Recommendations for the construction of pavements of granite materials with reduced consumption rats of organic binders.
In 1981, Isaac Dukhovnyi received the academic rank of a Senior Researcher.
For the development of new technologies for construction and implementation of road pavements made of local materials reinforced with cement, Isaac Dukhovnyi was awarded 2 medals of VDNKh USSR (Exhibition of Economic Achievements of USSR). He has 58 printed papers.
He died on November 14, 2005.
- MYKOLA PAVLOVYCH SHULGIN
- PETRO MYKOLAIOVYCH KOVAL
- BORYS SAMOILOVYCH RADOVSKYI
- ANATOLII ANDRIIOVYCH RYBALCHENKO
- EHOROV SERHII VIKTOROVYCH
- VYROZHEMSKYI VALERII KOSTIANTYNOVYCH
- VOLODKO VASYL PAVLOVYCH
- NAHAICHUK VASYL MYKHAILOVYCH
- KUCHMA MYKHAILO IVANOVYCH
- Shtilman Yefim Yosypovych
- SASKO MYKOLA FEDOROVYCH
- MISHCHENKO MYKHAILO LEONIDOVYCH
- Choborovska Iryna Stepanivna
- LYTVYNENKO ANATOLII SEMENOVYCH
- KYRYCHENKO LIUBOV FEDORIVNA
- PAVLENKO VALERII OLEXANDROVYCH
- ZABYSHNYI OLEKSANDR STEPANOVYCH
- TARASENKO LEONID PETROVYCH
- MARTYNENKO LEONID SERHIIOVYCH
- MAKARCHUK OLEKSANDR IVANOVYCH
- KOVALOV PETRO MYKOLAIOVYCH