One of the latest global trends in the development of road transport is the manufacturing of vehicles equipped with alternatives to internal combustion engines. Most of them are electrified or hybrid cars.
“DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists are constantly monitoring the latest world trends in the road industry and are ready to share the conclusions of their analysis.
Due to the wide spreading of such aggregates, a rather specific "problem" arises - the electric car owner does not pay taxes for use of the road, since in Ukraine the excise duty is paying on traditional petroleum fuel only (gasoline or diesel fuel)
At the same time, any transport, regardless of fuel type, requires safe traffic conditions and has a certain destructive impact on the road pavement.
During the analysis “DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists performed the following :
• analysis of sources, volumes and structure of revenues to the State Road Fund
• development of a pilot model for attracting additional sources of financing
• determination of the mechanism for calculating of the tariff for electric cars
• proposing of a mechanism for attracting of “green excise duty” - a tax on electric vehicles owners
- In order to ensure the proper level of financing of the facilities it is need to introduce "user pays" the principle during introductioin of excise duties on any type of fuel.
- The earmarked road tax has to be depended from the actual transport traffic but not from the type of fuel.
- In order to acceleration the renewal and proper maintenance of the road network, it is need to create appropriate conditions to attract additional funds to the industry, for example – private investors funds