HARMONIZATION OF EUROSTANDARDS
“DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists have developed drafts of national standards harmonized with the European standards for determination of grading of aggregates, namely:
- DSTU EN 933-1: 202_ (EN 933-1: 2012, IDT) "Test methods for determination of the geometric characteristics of aggregates. Part 1. Determination of grading. Sieving method ";
- DSTU EN 933-10: 202_ (EN 933-10: 2009, IDT) "Test methods for determination of the geometric characteristics of aggregates. Part 10. Evaluation of fine fractions. Grading of fillers (air flow sieving method)”;
- DSTU EN 933-2: 202_ (EN 933-2: 1995, IDT) "Test methods for determination of the geometric characteristics of aggregates. Part 2. Determination of grading. Test sieves, sieve mesh nominal sizes".
- DSTU EN 933-1 specifies a reference method for determination of grading of aggregates by washing and dry sieving methods. This method is used for determination of grading of coarse and fine aggregates.
- DSTU EN 933-10 specifies a reference method for determination of grading of fillers (mineral filler) with particle sizes up to 2 mm by air flow dry sieving method.
- DSTU EN 933-2 specifies the nominal dimensions and the shape of test sieves meshes of woven wire fabric and perforated plate which are used in the methods of aggregates testing.
The test according to DSTU EN 933-1 and DSTU EN 933-10 includes distribution of the material by size, using a set of different sieves in the order of decreasing their mesh sizes. The mesh sizes and the number of sieves are selected according to the type of sample and the required accuracy.
Test results according to DSTU EN 933-1 and DSTU EN 933-10 are used for determination of the aggregate category by the grain composition according to DSTU EN 13043: 2013, which determines its area of use.
The implementation of three above-mentioned harmonized standards will allow determining the grain composition of the coarse aggregate, fine aggregate and the filler using the European best practices.