HARMONIZATION OF EUROSTANDARDS
“DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists have developed final drafts of national standards harmonized with the European standards for determination of aggregates characteristics, namely:
- DSTU EN 13179-1: 202_ (EN 13179-1: 2013, IDT) “Test methods for aggregates for bituminous mixtures. Part 1. The method of delta of ring and ball”
The standard establishes a method for determination the structuring ability of the aggregate during mixing with bitumen.
- DSTU EN 13179-2: 202_ (EN 13179-2: 2013, IDT) “Test methods for aggregates for bituminous mixtures. Part 2. Bitumen content”.
The standard establishes a method for numerically determination of the consistency of a water / aggregate mix.
- DSTU EN 1367-2: 202_ (EN 1367-2: 2009, IDT) “Test methods for determination of the thermal characteristics and weather resistance of aggregates. Part 2. Magnesium sulphate test method”.
The standard establishes a method for evaluation of the aggregates properties during the cyclic action of dropping into magnesium sulfate and drying in the oven.
- DSTU EN 1367-5: 202_ (EN 1367-5: 2011, IDT) “Test methods for determination of the thermal characteristics and weather resistance of aggregates. Part 5. Determination of heat resistance”
The standard establishes a method for determination of the heat resistance of aggregates that have to be heated and dried during the production of hot bituminous mineral mixtures.
- DSTU EN 1097-6: 202_ (EN 1097-6: 2013, IDT) “Test methods for determination of the mechanical and physical characteristics of aggregates. Part 6. Determination of density and water absorption”.
The results of density determination according to the standard are used to establish the volumetric characteristics of asphalt concrete.
The introduction of these and other harmonized European standards will make it possible to determine the technical characteristics of materials taking into account the best European experience, namely:
- density and water absorption of aggregates,
- heat resistance and weather resistance of aggregates,
- other physical and mechanical properties of aggregates.