Round table on "Quality control of road works"
Round table on "FORMATION OF NEW APPROACHES TO QUALITY ASSESSMENT AND CONTROL OF ROAD WORKS" was held today at our institute. The event was attended by representatives of Customers, contractors, scientific institutions, road industry experts, designers, and Public organizations.
The following issues were discussed during the round table:
- Amendments to the DBN V.2.3-4: 2015
- Establishing the material quality requirements in national standards
- Implementation of modern European approaches to acceptance control
- Regulation of the field of activity of technical engineer and consultant engineer during quality control of road works
Participants provided reasonable suggestions on:
- clarification of the method of establishing the distance of transportation of the asphalt mix
- Improvement of methods for determining the strength of road pavement
- ensuring the rigid input quality control of bitumen, crushed stone and filler
- design and arrangement of crushed stone and sand road course reinforced by cement
- clarification of the list of characteristics of asphalt concrete which are subject to inspection during acceptance control
- quality control parameters for crushed stone mastic asphalt
- wider implementation of non destructive control methods
These and other proposals will be thoroughly considered and taken into account in the development of relevant regulations by the DerzhdorNDI SE. We sincerely thank all the participants (more than 70 people) for their active position and look forward to the next meetings