“DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists have completed the development of a new national standard of the technical requirements for additives based on surfactants for paving bitumen.
What are the surfactants?
These are the additives to the asphalt mix that:
1.- increase the adhesion of bitumen to gravel materials;
2.- reduce the minimum required temperature for the production and subsequent laying of asphalt.
The standard involves:
- classification of additives according to their purpose and aggregate condition;
- technical requirements for adhesive, energy-saving and complex action additives;
- testing methods of such additives.
This standard will be:
- establish unified requirements and technological properties of additives based on surfactants (for their intended purpose);
- involve the evaluation of adhesive (complex) additives effect on the adhesion of bitumen to mineral material (including after process temperatures impact);
- determine the limit of the technological temperatures decreasing for the production of asphalt concrete mixtures using the energy-saving (complex) additives.