Artem Bezuglyi, Director of “DerzhdorNDI” SE, took part in “State and prospects of development of the construction industry 2020” online marathon where he presented the conceptual principles of pricing system improving in road construction.
Today, the post-Soviet estimate pricing system causes a number of problems, among which are the following:
• justification of each component of the contractor’s expenses, with indication of machine brand, number of employees, level of salary, profits, etc .;
• dependence of cost components from the labor costs (profit, general production and administrative costs);
• time-consuming process of contract price formation;
• absence of the contractor’s interest in innovative materials (technologies) use and cost reducing;
• pressure on contractors from regulatory authorities due to errors;
• non-compliance of the pricing system with the tender legislation.
For pricing system improving the following is proposed:
1. Transition in budget financing to one type of contract price – fixed price;
2. Application of the resource method at the investor's estimate stage only;
3. Defining of a clear mechanism for monitoring of materials prices in the investor's estimate documentation;
4. Simplification of documentation forms and reducing of documents quantity;
5. Bringing pricing systems to the best world practices.