The Certification body of "DerzhdorNDI" SE executes certification of products in the scope of the accreditation sector
- Submission of the application for the works fulfillment on product certification and the set of the required documents to the Certification Body. (where exactly the list of required documents is indicated).
- Revision of the application and the set of submitted documents by the Certification Body.
- Decision making on the provided application.
- Refusal for carrying out the certification.
- Selection of certification scheme
- Sampling and identification of samples.
- Carrying out the laboratory tests of the samples (Main testing center).
- Analysis of obtained results.
- Decision making on the certificate issuing.
- Justified refusal of issuing the Certificate of Conformance
- Issuing the Certificate of Conformance.
- Technical supervision of the certified products (if it is provided by the certification scheme).
Certification is carried out in accordance with the outlined below procedure:
1. Procedure for certification of products
The procedure for certification of products in general involves:
- application for the certification of products in the established form;
- selection of certification scheme;
- reviewing of application, analysis of submitted documentation and decision-making regarding the application;
- preparation and signing of contracts;
- selection and identification of product samples for testing;
- products testing;
- survey (if provided by the certification scheme);
- analysis of the results of the assessment, tests;
- preparation and issue of certificates of conformity (registration of refusal), conclusion of a license agreement and the inclusion of a certificate of compliance with the register of the Certification Body;
- technical supervision of the manufacture of certified products.
Application for the product certification may be submitted by any organization, regardless of the form of ownership.
The term of validity of the certificate is not extended. After the expiration of the Certificate of Conformity (for serial production) a new application for certification to be submitted by the customer.
The Certification Body may suspend or withdraw the Certificate of Conformity basing on the results of technical supervision if:
- there are complaints and claims for certified products;
- the customer does not follow the proposals of the Certification Body issued basing on the results of technical supervision;
- there is no production of certificated products for more than 6 months;
- the applicant does not comply with the terms of the License Agreement;
- the applicant refuses to pay for technical supervision work.
1.1 GUIIDELINES FOR FILLING THE APPLICATION
The required information that has to be filled in each field is highlighted at the bottom of the page:
Depending of the certification scheme, the following documents have to be submitted:
•at single manufacturing of a product, the customer must submit technical documents for this product;
• at batch manufacturing or at planning the production, the customer must submit a document confirming the volume of the batch and the terms for its delivery. When supplying the materials from abroad, the contract for this supply must be provided which specifies the batch volume, contract validity term and the customs declaration or invoice (possibly for a part of the batch).
• The customer must determine the serial production scheme (1 or 2 years):
o at serial manufacturing for 1 year period, the customer provides an opportunity to select products from their warehouses and provide documents confirming the implementation of quality management system in manufacturing;
o at batch manufacturing for 2 years period, the customer provides an opportunity to examine the production according to the program introduced in Certification Body of products with selection of products samples for certification tests and to submit the documents confirming the implemented quality management system at the enterprise.
At serial production, regardless of certification scheme (1 or 2 years), the procedure of technical supervision of certified products is mandatory.
1.2. Description of the procedure for evaluation and certification of products
1. The certification applicant, provided that the decision on the fulfillment of certification is adopted, shall do the following:
• get acquainted with the main procedures for the certification in accordance with the approved scheme of products certification;
• arrange, if needed, organizational and technical measures that will ensure the quality of work;
• prepare an explanatory note with a set of technical and regulatory documents:
- standards GOST, DSTU, ZTU, TU;
- additional requirements of the supply contract;
- operational documentation (technical description, manuals for use, etc.);
- results of calculations and tests;
- documents confirming the effectiveness of quality management system;
- materials confirming the conformity of products to the established requirements (state or production test reports, certificates of acceptance by the State Commission of R&D works, information about acceptance of ready products, etc.);
- other documents required for certification;
Submit the application for certification to the Certification Body (application form is in Annex A.1).
The application for certification is submitted on the official letterhead of the applicant company, filled correctly and signed by the authorized representative of the customer, in which described information about the declared area of certification, as well as the customer's consent to comply with the certification requirements and to provide all the information need for execution of certification, with evaluation of products submitted for certification.
The Certification Body has the right to require other technical documents that are needed to increase the objectivity of the products evaluation.
2. The Certification Body, after receiving an application for certification, registers and examines (analyzes) the applications and submitted materials takes the decision about the possibility of certification.
If the decision on certification impossibility is taken on the basis of the results of consideration of the application and accompanying documents, the customer, within 10 days after the receipt of the application, is provided with a substantiated refusal for carrying out the certification and the received documentation is returned. In case of the customer’s disagreement with the refusal to carry out certification, he can lodge an appeal (the procedure for reviewing complaints and appeals is provided on request).
3. In case of a positive decision, the Certification Body: appoints an expert group (personnel) that will execute the evaluation; defines the testing laboratory for execution of the test; prepares a draft contract (agreement) for execution of works. The applicant, by request, has the right to get acquainted with the procedure for determining the cost of products certification services currently established by the Certification Body.
The expert group on certification does not appoint specialists who interact with an organization engaged in the development, supply, installation or maintenance of products. The customer has the right to appoint the experts from the expert group by written argumentation of the reasons.
4. After the conclusion of the contract and the receipt of payment for the works, the Certification Body elaborates and agrees with the customer a schedule of works which includes: all procedures for establishing the products conformity to the requirements of the regulations and, if provided for in the certification scheme, the ability to maintain it stably; the timing and sequence of works execution along with the definition of specific performers, as well as, if needed, an agreement with the co-executors of works.
5. During checking of products conformity to the requirements of regulations, the evaluation of declared products is executed to meet the certification requirements of all required standards and other Regulations in accordance with the scope defined in the application, in accordance with the certification criteria provided for by the schedule of works.
The verification of the conformity of objects of certification to the requirements of the regulations can be executed by:
• Products testing;
• Analysis and evaluation of indicators (characteristics) of products.
6. Tests of products for certification are conducted by the testing laboratory. For the tests, the applicant submits the samples (specimens) of products and technical documentation for them. The composition of technical documentation is set by the Certification Body. The number of test samples and the rules for their selection are determined by the Certification Body in accordance with the certification procedure for the specific product. Sampling has to be selected by an act signed by the representative of the testing laboratory or the Certification Body and the representative of the customer. Selected samples are to be sealed in the presence of a representative of testing laboratory or Certification Body in general or individual packaging and have to be sent to the test laboratory by the customer.
When receiving the samples by testing laboratory, they are identified and recorded with a description of their condition and the date of receipt. Test results are drawn up by the test report.
Samples of products that have been tested for certification, including the destructive tests, remain the property of the customer.
7. For the analysis and evaluation of indicators, parameters and the products characteristics, the customer provides the following materials:
• requirements (standards, specifications, specifications, other regulations) for elaboration, production and testing of products;
• a set of technical documentation for the organization of the products manufacturing process;
• test results of the products samples;
• calculations of reliability, stability, durability of products, etc. .
The auditors have the right to require other technical documents that are needed to increase the objectivity of evaluation.
During the process of evaluation, the auditors examine the applicant's products submitted for certification to meet the certification requirements of all required standards and other regulations in accordance with the scope defined in the application and in accordance with the certification criteria provided for by the certification program and document the results.
The Certification Body has to inform the customer about the evaluation results, indicating (if available) of any detected defect that has to be eliminated to ensure that the product meets all certification requirements, as well as the amount of further required re-evaluation or testing.
If the customer proves that he can correct the rejection in reasonable terms, then after performing the corrective actions, the Certification Body executes the further work taking into account the previous actions.
8. The Certification Body makes a decision on certification based on the information obtained during the evaluation process, as well as any other relevant information.
Any information on which a decision is based from any source other than that which is based on the evaluation process shall be informed to the customer or the supplier together with the information about the evaluation process. The customer or the supplier has an opportunity to comment it.
All reports which materials are used in the decision-making on certification should be provided with objective evidence.
Certification is not issued until all inconsistencies are corrected and until the corrections are verified (on-site check or in other relevant evaluation ways).
After taking a positive decision regarding the results of certification, the Certification Body issues the documents confirming the fact of certification, registers them in that Register certification system in which the evaluation of conformity had been executed.
9. Confirmation of the fact of products certification is executed by issuing the Certificates of conformity and registration of the license agreement for the right to use the mark of conformity. In case of denial in certification, a corresponding notice has to be sent to the customer stating the inconsistencies and the reasons for the negative results of certification.
10. The right to mark the products with a conformity mark is given to the customer on the basis of a license agreement. The marking of the products by the conformity mark is executed by the customer.
The customer is not entitled to distribute the certificate of conformity to the types (kinds) of certification objects that are not specified in the license agreement for the use of the mark of conformity.
11. If the changes are required, during the period of validity of the certification, affecting the characteristics of the certified object or the ability to maintain them stably, the customer is obliged to apply to the Certification Body in order to agree on the conditions for maintaining the validity of the Certificate. The Certification Body determines whether these changes require additional testing or evaluation of status of the certification object through re-evaluation. In case of the need in such works, the supplier has no right to manufacture the certified products until the Certification Body provides the relevant notification to the supplier.
If these changes are made without an approval of the Certification Body, the certification validity stops from the date of the changes making.
12. An evaluation of quality management system of manufacturers of products that are certified is carried out (if it is provided by the applicable certification scheme) in order to ensure that this product meets the mandatory requirements of the regulations; all technical, administrative and human factors that influence on its quality, are under control; the objects of certification of unsatisfactory quality are detected in time and the company takes measures to prevent the manufacturing of such products on a permanent basis.
Certification of the quality management system is executed on the initiative of the customer. The certification results are issued in the form of a Certificate for a quality management system in accordance with the provisions of the ISO 9001 standard.
13. If the Certification Body issues the authorization on conformity mark use for certified products, it should periodically evaluate this product (supervise) to confirm that it continues to meet the specified requirements. Supervision over certified products is executed by means of supervision measures in accordance with the certification scheme for the purpose of:
• verification of ensuring the continued conformity of the certified products to the requirements of the regulations;
•assurance that the certified product meets the requirements specified in the Certificate;
•prevention of the occurrence of conditions that may lead to the manufacturing of products that do not meet the requirements of regulatory documents;
• identification of the causes of the product’s discrepancies established during the supervision process;
•confirmation the fulfillment by the customer of all the terms of the license agreement and the correct use of the mark of conformity;
•investigation of the causes of complaints or claims about the certified products.
The scopes, the procedure and periodicity of the supervision are set by the Certification Body during the certification of products and stipulated in the agreement for certification (license agreement).
The supervision is conducted throughout the whole duration of the Certificate of compliance and is of scheduled and unscheduled nature. In this case, the scheduled inspections should be carried out at least once a year.
1.3. Products certification schemes
Name of products, processes, services
Name of technical regulations for conformity of compliance, marking of conformity evaluation modules and / or the applicable certification schemes, names and marking of regulatory documents where are the product indicators for conformity of which evaluation is executed
Asphalt mix and stone mastic asphalt
1. Certification scheme of construction materials batches
2. Certification scheme of serially produced construction materials
Materials of crush stone, gravel and sand, treated with inorganic binders
Sand and gravel
Other chemical minerals
Fabrics made from artificial or synthetic fiber
Glass fiber geosynthetics
Nonwoven synthetic materials
Main organic chemical products
Paints, varnishes, additives, printing paints
Concrete construction products. Fiber cement products
1. Certification scheme of construction materials batches
2. Certification scheme of serially produced construction materials
1. Certification scheme of construction materials batches
2. Certification scheme of serially produced construction materials
Plastics and spray-plastics of hot and cold application
Polymer stripes. Retroreflectivity elements
1.4. Customer's obligations and rights at obtaining certificate of conformity
The products certification is executed in order to: certify its conformity with the requirements which are put forward in the current regulations.
During execution of the certification procedure and obtaining a Certificate of conformity, the Customer shall undertake:
•to fulfill the certification requirements, in particular, the relevant changes introduced by the Certification Body;
• if the certification applies to the products subject to the long-term manufacturing, then the certified products continue to meet the requirements for it;
• to implement all necessary measures for:
- assessment and supervision (if needed), in particular, the provision of documents and records for consideration and of the access to the relevant equipment, sites, subdivisions, staff and subcontractors of the Customer;
- consideration of complaints;
- participation of observers, if needed;
• to make statements on certification in accordance with the scope of certification;
• do not use the products certification in such a way as to impair the reputation of the Certification Body and do not make any certification statements that the Certification Body might consider to be misleading or unauthorized;
• in case of suspension, cancellation or expiration of the certification, the Customer ceases to use all promotional materials containing any reference to the certification and takes measures that require a certification scheme (for example, the return of certification documents) and performs any other necessary action;
• when providing a copy of the certification documents to other parties, the documents have to be reproduced in their integrity or as determined by the certification scheme;
• to refer to the certification of their products in mass media such as documents, brochures or promotional materials, fulfilling the requirements of the Certification Body or the requirements specified in certification scheme;
• to comply with all the requirements that can be defined by the certification scheme for the use of the conformity mark and the information about the products;
•to keep records of all complaints related to its compliance with the certification requirements known to him and make these records available to the Certification Body, if required, and:
- take appropriate measures in respect of such claims and any faults found in the products that affect the compliance with the certification requirements;
- document the actions taken;
• immediately notify the Certification Body of any changes that may affect its ability to meet the certification requirements.
In addition, if it is appropriate, the Certification Body may require the Customer that potentially defective (unsuitable) certified products are subject to corrective actions including the products withdrawal, if applicable.
The Customer has the right to submit to the Appeals Board of Certification Body the appeals or complaints regarding disputed certification issues and the related actions in accordance with the the order outlined in the procedure for reviewing the appeals, complaints and disputes of the Certification Body; take part in the session of the Appeals Board in accordance with the established procedure during the consideration of appeals, complaints or disputed decisions that are submitted by him.
2. Procedure for certification of manufacturing
The procedure for certification of manufacturing involves, in general, the following:
• submission of the application for certification of manufacturing in accordance with the established form;
• preliminary evaluation;
• preparation of the program and methodology of certification;
• inspection of manufacturing and certification of its technical capabilities;
• technical supervision of the certified manufacturing.
An application for the certification of manufacturing may be submitted by any organization, regardless of its form of ownership.
The validity of the Certificate is not extended. After the expiration of the Certificate of manufacturing the customer shall submit a new application for certification.
The Certification Body may suspend or withdraw the Certificate of manufacturing in the following cases:
• refusal of the enterprise to pay for technical supervision works;
• discrepancy of manufacturing with confirmed proven capabilities during carrying out of routine check tests of certified products in the course of technical supervision of the certified manufacturing;
• changes in design or technology of manufacturing without an approval of the Certification Body which may lead to the decrease in the quality of products manufacturing;
• failure to fulfill the proposals of Certification Body issued basing on the results of technical supervision;
• lack of manufacturing of certified products for more than 6 months;
• expiration of the Certificate of manufacturing and untimely submission of materials by the company to obtain a Certificate for a new term.
The cost of works is calculated according to the structure of the cost and taking into account the salary of the staff. The basic principles for determining the cost of works on certification of manufacturing are included in the internal procedure "Determination of the Cost of Manufacturing Certification Services", approved by the order of "DerzhdorNDI" SE as of 02.02.2015, No. 6
2.1 Customer’s obligations and rights during acceptance of certificate of manufacturing
The certification of manufacturing is carried out in order to assess the technical capabilities of the manufacturer to ensure a stable manufacturing of products that meets the requirements of the current regulatory documents.
During executing the procedure for certification and obtaining a Certificate of manufacturing the Customer undertakes:
• abide by the requirements of the program of certification of manufacturing;
• create all required conditions for conducting the evaluation, including providing the access to the documentation for its examination, protocols, as well as the access to the premises and the personnel for the purpose of conducting the evaluation or complaints handling;
• make statements on certification only in relation to the certified products;
•do not use the Certificate of manufacturing in a manner that would worsen the reputation of the Certification Body and do not make any certification statements that the Certification Body might consider wrong or unauthorized;
• in case of suspension or withdrawal of the Certificate of manufacturing starting from the date of notification on the suspension of the Certificate’s validity, it is mandatory to stop using all advertising materials containing any references to the Certificate of manufacturing and return the certification documents upon request of the Certification Body;
• use the production certificate only for indication that the products are certified in compliance with the requirements established by the relevant regulatory documents (standards);
• provide a guarantee that no Certificate of manufacturing or the report, or any part thereof, was misused;
• register all complaints concerning the conformity of products with the requirements of normative documents and provide access to these data upon request of the Certification Body;
• inform the Certification Body on any changes to the technical documentation, such as:
- technical specifications for products which manufacturing is being certified;
- design documentation (passport, specifications, drawings);
- technological documentation (the composition is determined by the enterprise depending on the characteristics of the product, its production and the purpose of certification);
- standards of the enterprise (techniques, guidelines) for all types of work on products and production that is certified.
- changes in the form of ownership, structure or administration of the Customer.
In addition, if it is appropriate, the Certification Body may require from the Customer that the potentially defective (ineligible) products were subject to corrective actions including the products withdrawal if it can be applied.
The Customer has the right to submit to the Appeals Board of the Appeals Certification Body the claims or complaints about the controversial matters of certification and the related actions in accordance with the procedure set forth in the Procedure for considering the claims, complaints and controversial issues of the Certification Body; participate in the session of the Appeals Board during the consideration of claims, complaints or disputes, which are submitted to them in accordance with the established procedure.
3. Financing of products certification and manufacturing certification works
The cost of product certification works is calculated in accordance with the procedure "Determination of the cost of products certification services", approved by the Order as of 08.08.2015 No.08-OC.
The cost of certification depends on the amount of work during certification (time expenditures), in particular:
•number of declared products types;
•amount of documentation considered during certification (regulations for products, test methods, etc.).
- Settlement procedure during products certification.
1. During the certification of products, financial relationships are established between:
•testing laboratories (centers);
2. All work related to the certification of products regardless of its results are payable by the applicant.
3. Payment for product certification work is carried out on the basis of contracts concluded by the decision of the Certification Body according to one of the following variants:
• The applicant concludes a contract for execution of all works with the Certification Body. From the funds received under the contract, the Certification Body pays for conducting the relevant works to test laboratories or other organizations;
• The applicant concludes individual contracts with the Certification Body, testing laboratories or other organizations specified in the decision by means of the application for the execution of the relevant works.
The cost of products certification works is determined in the contract between the applicant and the executor in the form of Ф.02: 2015.
4. Consideration of appeals, claims and controversial issues
If the applicant wishes to protest the decision of the Certification Body, he must submit a writing appeal (complaint) to the Certification Body no later than one month after the receipt of the notification of the decision.
Lodging an appeal does not suspend the validity of a taken decision.
For the consideration of each appeal, an Appeal Board is created by the order of the Head of the Certification Body of "DerzhdorNDI" SE.
An Appeal Board of the Certification Body shall consider an appeal no later than within one month after its receipt.
Members of the Appeal Board shall be provided with the documentation no later than in 2 weeks before its meeting.
The Commission shall examine controversial issues confidentially, in the presence of all members. The applicant has the right to be heard at the meeting.
The writing decisions of the commission shall be brought to the attention of the applicant.
In case of disagreement with the decision of the Appeal of the Certification Body, the applicant has the right to appeal to the National Certification Authority or to the court.
The procedure for obtaining, registering, reviewing and resolving complaints and appeals is defined by the Procedure PR.22: 2015 "Management System. Handling the Complaints and Appeals" which is publicly available and is provided without restrictions on the request of any person having a general relationship with the Certification Body.
5. TERMS OF WORKS EXECUTION BY CERTIFICATION BODY
|Examination of the application for certification, documentation analysis for the product that is provided by the customer and the decision in response to the application with certification scheme definition||1 working day|
|2 working days|
|The sampling is allowed with a representative of State Testing Center||from 1 to 3 working days|
|The analysis of the results of certification tests for the compliance to the requirements of regulatory documents obtained from the test laboratory reports||1 working day|
|The decision regarding issuing of the certificate of conformity and signing of the license agreement||1 working day|
|Inspection of the production and processing the results (Test report)||3 working days|
|Technical supervision of certified products manufacturing and processing of the results (Test report)||3 working days|
|TOTAL||from 12 tо 15 working days|
6. MAKE A REQUEST