IN COMMEMORATION OF MYKOLA SHULGIN
On this holiday, all road workers traditionally honor the memory of Mykola Pavlovych Shulgin, the First Minister of Construction and Maintenance of Roads of Ukraine.
The picture, which can be seen on the background during the participation of the Director of the Institute in online events, is the painted portrait of Mykola Shulgin.
M. Shulgin worked on his position for 19 years, achieving colossal results among which are the following:
- formed a backbone network of roads of Ukraine, which still operates successfully today;
- put into operation almost 70 thousand km of new public roads;
- built approaches to district centers, railway stations, collective farms and state agriculture farms;
- rebuilt wooden bridges;
- reconstructed the main highways;
- developed the road construction materials production industry;
- revived the domestic road machinery industry;
- created a number of social infrastructure facilities for road workers
Thanks to his active position, “DerzhdorNDI” SE - Separate Independent Road Institute, which has been named after Mykola Pavlovych Shulgin since 1998, was created from the Complex Road Research Institute.
You can read more about the life of Mykola Pavlovych Shulgin on our web page - http://dorndi.org.ua/ua/vidatni-naukovci
Always remembered him...and will remember forever.