VIDEO PRESENTATION OF THE BITUMINOUS BINDERS AND ASPHALT CONCRETE DEPARTMENT
Many positive changes that have occurred at “DerzhdorNDI” SE were made possible due to the titanic efforts of each member of our team.
One of the most successful Departments at the Institute is the Bituminous Binders and Asphalt Concrete Department which, in recent years, has developed over a hundred national standards regarding the requirements for bitumen and asphalt concret (DSTU and DSTU EN), and therefore has tremendous experience in research and testing of modern road construction materials.
As a proof of its active work, this Department has filmed a short video presentation of its activities which can be viewed here.
Two laboratories are actively functioning as the part of the Department - Bitumen Binders Laboratory and Asphalt Concrete Laboratory. The young but already experienced researchers have at their disposal modern equipment which makes possible to test:
- paving bitumen by the following indicators:
- homogeneity and / or depth of needle penetration;
- softening point by the ring and ball test;
- elongation and / or elasticity;
- brittleness temperature;
- bonding with the surface of rubble and glass;
- resistance to processing temperatures by the RTFOT method;
- bitumen cohesion.
-bituminous road emulsions by the following indicators:
- concentration of hydrogen ions;
- content of the residual binder;
- conditional viscosity at 20°C;
- adhesion of residual binder to the surface of rubble;
- rate of disintegration.
-rubble materials by the following indicators:
- content of powder and clay particles;
- medium bulk and / or actual density;
- crushing and / or abrasion;
- frost resistance;
- content of grains of flake and needle shape;
-asphalt mixes and asphalt concrete by the following indicators:
- average and / or actual density;
- residual porosity and / or water saturation;
- strength and / or water resistance;
- frost resistance and / or compaction coefficient;
- ; mix design;
- temperature of production and compaction.
- modifying additives for bitumen and asphalt concrete;
- cold bituminous materials for eliminating the holes in pavement (pack set and adhesive capacity).
So, if you need for research of bitumen binders and asphalt concrete, please contact
Ivan Kopynets, Head of the Department.
tel. +38 044 201 08 45