RESULTS OF THE WORKSHOP
“Modern approaches to the designing and construction of roads” scientific and practical workshop finished its work yesterday, which was attended by more than 300 listeners in online mode and where 40 reports were presented.
The results of the workshop are impressive: during 9 hours and 15 minutes of the online marathon they had an opportunity to find out about following:
- modern innovations in legislative and regulatory documents on the designing and construction of roads, including traffic safety measures;
- criteria for the optimal choose of the bitumen type during the pavement structure designing;
- possibilities of modern additives for stabilization of the soil base and bitumen modification;
- practical advices for using of asphalt mixture shuttle buggies;
- options for strengthening of the existing asphalt concrete pavement with cement concrete, including - RCC;
- possibilities of industrial waste use in road construction;
- modern materials for reinforcement and waterproofing of concrete bridge structures, as well as engineering arrangement on civil engineering facilities;
- feasibility of installation of different types of barriers on public roads and in the cities;
- modern European solutions for improving of traffic safety on the roads (plastic restraint piles and multi-colored barriers);
- usage need and the capabilities of modern information databases for data processing and storage (BIM, CREDO, AESUM);
- the importance of wild life crossings designing;
- current trends in drainage designing;
- possibilities of using of willow bioenergy, power plants to convert wind energy into electricity, etc.
Our seminar gained international status, as reports were presented by the speakers not only from Ukraine, but also from Germany, Korea, Poland and Belarus.
A short video about the workshop can be found here.
Thanks for all for the fruitful and constructive work and see you soon!