“DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists continue an active work with the Road Services in the regions for the high-quality implementation of a “Big Construction” National Program.
“Designing of Roads and Bridges” session of Section 5 of Scientific and Technical Council was held yesterday in the frameworks of this activity in a video conference format.
During the session, the design decisions on the objects of current mid-term repairing and overhaul in Chernihiv, Sumy and Dnipropetrovsk regions were considered.
Traditionally, the members of the section turned especial attention to the issues related to the following:
- technological effectiveness and cost of pavement design;
- state of artificial structures and their repair options;
- existence of sufficient initial data for project decisions making;
- traffic management schemes and safe road equipment as a whole;
- costs and logistic schemes for transportation of road construction materials.
Our common aim is the maximal consideration of the latest developments in regulatory documents and the choice of optimal technological solutions.
Two modern technologies are planned to be used in the repairing of sections of the road H-23 Kropyvnytskyi-Kryvyi Rih-Zaporizhzhia:
- use of industrial wastes (metallurgical slag) in the construction of pavement. Use of such materials is a practical implementation of the resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On the use of industrial wastes in road construction";
- arrangement of the road pavement using the RCC (Roller Compacted Concrete). This technology has long been used in road construction in the world, but it is quite new for our country.