In the conditions of fast increase of loading on the road by heavy vehicles, it is need not only to rehabilitate quickly the road pavement, but also to forecast the increased riding quality of road for ensuring further long-term comfortable travel of all participants of the modern traffic flow.
By opinion of “DerzhdorNDI” SE specialists, the increased riding quality of road can be reached using WHITETOPPING technology, which involves application of the cement-concrete mixture layer on existing asphalt pavement.
This opens up a wider use of domestic cement production facilities, as WHITETOPPING technology can be used not only during new construction or reconstruction, but also during overhaul of the roads.
The advantages of WHITETOPPING are the following:
- Strengthening of the road pavement structure ;
- extension of pavement lifetime from 10 to 30 years, depending on the cement concrete layer thickness;
- elimination of plastic deformations of the pavement and prevention of their appearance in the future;
- stability of riding quality of road regardless of climatic conditions and loading values;
- use of existing pavement as a base;
- decrease of dependence from imported road materials.
WHITETOPPING technology can be implemented by the application of a cement concret layer of different thickness:
- ultra-thin - 50-100 mm;
- thin - 100-200 mm;
- conventional - over 200 mm.
The specific thickness and further method of recovery depends from the condition and strength of the existing asphalt pavement, volume and composition of the traffic flow, climatic and soil-hydrological conditions and other features and conditions of the road location.
Currently, the possibility of introduction of this technology at the Big Construction facilities is under study. In particular, WHITETOPPING technology could be used on the roads with high intensive traffic of heavy weight vehicles, for example, on H-11 Dnipro- Mykolaiv (via Kryvyi Rih) road in Mykolaiv region.