«LOCAL ROADS DEVELOPMENT AND SAFETY» WESTERN UKRAINIAN FORUM
Today, Artem Bezuglyi, Director of “DerzhdorNDI” SE together with Volodymyr Kaskiv, Deputy Director for Scientific Work, took part in “Local Roads Development and Safety” Western Ukrainian Forum in Rivne. More than 400 participants took part in the event, including representatives of regional state administrations, mayors and heads of united territorial communities.
Director of the Institute moderated the first panel session “Local Roads Strategy”, in which took part:
• Oleksandr Kubrakov, Head of State Road Agency of Ukraine
• Vitalii Koval, Head of Rivne Regional State Administration -
• Andrii Meisner, Deputy Chairman of the Accounting Chamber of Ukraine
• Olexandr Avramenko, Acting as Head of “Belavtodor” Holding Company
It is important that our institute actively cooperates with the leading experts on the issues that are the most exciting for road specialists:
• Guidelines for the preparing of tender documentation on the procurement of construction works, design and services for current repairing and maintenance of public roads,
• Methodology for preparation of standard contracts for construction, repairing and maintenance of roads,
• Methodology for determination of road works cost, etc.
Also, Volodymyr Kaskiv presented modern approaches to winter road maintenance at the Forum, showing a unique experience gathered from the leading countries of Europe with the view of an on-coming winter road maintenance season.