During the session of the Section 2 "Traffic Safety", the Head of Road Equipment Department reported about the development of the first Guidelines for measuring the indicators of quality characteristics of traffic signs that was submitted for the review (MP В.2.3-37641918-902: 201Х): The Guidelines include the following:
• Measurement of chromaticity coordinates of retroreflective film;
• Determination of nominal light resistance of retroreflective film;
• Determination of the color of the body and the reverse side of traffic signs;
• Test of protective cover of the body of traffic signs;
• Determination of static resistance to liquids;
• Contrast of image elements of traffic signs;
• Requirements for resistance to climatic factors;
• Requirements for the adhesion strength of the glue layer of retroreflective film with the base of traffic sign;
• Composition and the scope of works performed during quality control of traffic signs;
• Requirements for safety and environmental protection, etc.
These Guidelines are applicable during quality control of traffic signs with the use of retroreflective film intended for informing the road users and for traffic modes and tests of materials thatare used for their manufacture.
For any questions about MP В.2.3-37641918-902: 201Х contact the Head of the Road Equipment Department Yurii Gostev , tel. +38 044 201 08 75, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org