AMENDMENTS TO DBN REGARDING STREETS AND ROADS OF SETTLEMENTS
A public discussion of the Draft Amendment No.1 to DBN B.2.3-5 "Streets and Roads of Settlements" was held today in an on-line mode.
During the meeting the preliminary submitted proposals from non-indifferent experts and public were considered regarding the following:
- providing better side visibility at intersections;
- obligatory arrangement of tactile indicators;
- arrangement of safe pedestrian crossings;
- types of car parking;
- designed axle loadings;
- cross section profile optimization;
- specification of requirements for rainwater drainage gratings;
- arrangement of possible types of pedestrian barriers;
- adjustment of possible pavement materials, including for cycle lanes;
- constructive separation of the cycle lane;
- ensuring pedestrian safety in the absence of sidewalks;
- arrangement options of stopping pockets;
- ways for ensuring the safety of passengers at public transport stops;
- optimization of pedestrian sidewalks and more.
In public discussion that lasted more than two hours, more than 50 participants who made many suggestions during the discussion (only 100 suggestions were made in the chat mode) participated.
Many thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion. Your active life position indicates a real desire to improve the road infrastructure. We are sure that thanks to common efforts in the final result we will be able to obtain a quality document. Special thanks to those who have submitted or have a plan to submit their suggestions by our e-mail email@example.com
Our goal is the maximum consideration of modern design solutions thatare used in the world leading countries.